Skoda on Monday introduced its new car KUshaq in the Indian market. The price of this car in the mid-size SUV segment ranges from Rs 10.5 lakh (Delhi showroom) to Rs 17.6 lakh. Skoda said in a statement that this model has been designed and developed under the ‘India 2.0’ project and is the first model to be built on the MQB- A0-IN platform. The special thing is that 95 percent local content has been used in this Skoda vehicle. This new compact SUV will directly compete with Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos and MG Hector here.
Engine and Transmission
The Kushaq is offered with two petrol engines. One is the 1.0-litre, three-cylinder TSI engine, which makes 113bhp power and 175Nm torque. The other is the 1.5-litre four-cylinder TSI engine, which generates 148 bhp and 250Nm of peak torque. The vehicle comes with a BS-6 based engine, a six-speed manual gearbox, a six-speed automatic and a seven-speed DSG transmission. The 1.0-litre engine model is offered with both a 6-speed manual gearbox and a 6-speed automatic. While the 1.5 liter TSI variant comes with a 7 speed DSG gearbox.
Features and Specifications
- Color Options – Honey Orange, Tornado Red, Candy White, Brilliant Silver and Carbon Steel
- LED headlamps, which come with LED daytime running lamps.
- The entry level trim line Active gets 16-inch steel wheels. Apart from this, 16-inch alloy wheels and 17-inch Atlas two-tone alloy are also available.
- Size – 4225mm long, 1760mm wide and 1612mm high. Its wheelbase is 2651mm, ground clearance is 188mm and boot space is 385 liters.
- Features – Apple Car Play, Android Auto, Mirror Link, Ventilated Front Seats, AC Vents, Cruise Control, Ambient Lighting and 7 Speaker Music System.
- The vehicle also gets two spoke steering wheel, auto dimming IRVMs, steering mounted controls, wireless charger and My Skoda Connect.
- Safety – Dual airbags, ESC, three point seatbelt, ISOFIX child seat mount, hill hold control, tire pressure monitoring, 6 airbags, auto headlamps and multi-collision braking system