Aluminum utensils refer to aluminum utensils. Such utensils are used extensively not only in India but globally. When it comes to household utensils, they are used in homes for various household purposes such as cooking, heating water, collecting water, etc. And it has also been seen that these types of utensils are generally made of non-ferrous metals like aluminum, brass, copper, stainless steel, etc.
But out of all these metals, utensils made of aluminum are widely used by people on a large scale, since the utensils made of aluminum are cheaper than others and also have a higher carrying capacity, especially medium. These are largely purchased by the class, lower middle class and weaker income groups. Although stainless steel utensils are also used for domestic use since they cost slightly more than aluminum utensils, they are also used by good-income families and some middle-class families.
This is the reason that aluminum utensils are liked and bought by almost all income groups as compared to other metals. Due to the price being cheap and quality, they are also well-liked by various catering organizations like hotels, restaurants, canteens, defense, railways, etc. is. Although it has also been seen that these types of organizations like to have many utensils that prefer to be made in stainless steel itself, most of the aluminum utensils have been used for cooking.
This is because the aluminum material is of lower weight and also provides better strength, has the properties of high heat conductivity, is resistant to heat and is easy to use. Perhaps this is the reason that currently aluminum utensils are being used extensively on such a large scale, so it can be very beneficial for any aspiring entrepreneur to start such a business.
Industrial scenario and practice
From ancient to present, from traditional society to modern society, household utensils have always been present in the market as a major product category in the world. Yes, it is a different matter that from time to time there is a demand for utensils made from different metals or objects. As such, due to high urbanization, the disintegration of joint families, and the spread and technological progress of single families, the nature of the products used for domestic use has far-reaching changes. In India too, in this era of globalization, significant changes can be seen in the habits of cooking, serving and eating food.
Our country, India is the second-largest country in terms of population, so there is no shortage of buyers and consumers for domestic use products like aluminum utensils etc. At present, cooking or handling of kitchens is not limited to women alone, but in urban life, the changes of social and food habits can be seen in the lives of young working couples.
Currently, household utensil shopping decisions are influencing healthy cooking, convenience, safety, functionality, time-saving appliances and cooking utensils. The domestic utensils business in the retail sector in India is growing at an annual growth of about 25 to 30% per year.
Aluminum pottery sales potential
Well, in ancient times people used to use clay utensils also in large quantities, but due to lack of durability in the pottery, people moved towards metal utensils. Aluminum Utensils are used not only by urban people but also by people living in both rural and urban areas and their specialty is that they can be sold for a small amount of money even if they are old or useless.
Since aluminum utensils have durability and are also inexpensive, they find customers or markets for themselves without any difficulty. Aluminum is cheaper than other metals in price but it helps in cooking food very quickly, which makes it a priority by consumers. Due to its low price, it is quite popular among people of all income groups.
In a giant country like India, more than a hundred brands of Aluminum Utensils are operational and branded products are rapidly becoming popular among consumers. Despite the competition, products with new features and designs are gaining popularity rapidly. Therefore, if an entrepreneur designs and manufactures aluminum utensils keeping in mind the facilities of the people, then the chances of selling such products are high.
How to start an aluminum utensil business?
The entrepreneur may need to spend Rs 15-20 lakhs to start the business of making aluminum utensils. In addition, the entrepreneur has to complete all the processes that are required to start any other manufacturing business in order to start this business. These include everything from managing land and building, managing finance, licensing and registration, the appointment of staff, necessary training, etc. So let us know how any interested person can start his own aluminum utensil business.
1. Get the necessary training and experience
As such, the entrepreneur will have to appoint machine operators to manufacture aluminum utensils with the help of necessary machinery. But not only to know the manufacturing process but also to get information about sales, marketing, demand, supply, etc., the entrepreneur may need to get training from a government institution or to work in any such factory already present.
By working in such an already established factory, the entrepreneur can easily find out the source of raw material, its price, cost of production, price to be sold, market etc. So that later he can easily solve any problem or problem while operating his own business.
2. Manage land and building
To set up an Aluminum Utensils unit, the entrepreneur needed space for a manufacturing site, a storeroom for the product produced, a storeroom for raw materials, a space for power utilities such as generators, etc., and space for setting up a small office. is. In this way, the entrepreneur needs 800-900 Square Feet of space. The entrepreneur can manage this place anywhere, where he can get a building built in cheap rent, provided there is the easy availability of basic facilities and employees like road, electricity, water, etc.
3. Manage finance
Before managing finances, the entrepreneur will need to make an effective business plan that covers everything from land and building expenses, expenses on purchasing machinery, raw materials, etc., and expenses of employees’ wages on purchasing other consumables. Should be That is to say, it closely mentions the fixed costs and working costs involved in installing Aluminum Utensils so that the business plan is made more practical and there is minimal difference between the actual costs and the costs mentioned therein.
Not only the costs but also the projected earnings and the complete plan to meet the objectives of the business are also mentioned in it, so before managing finances, the entrepreneur must make a business plan so that he can manage the finances accordingly. The entrepreneur can manage the finance through subsidy loans, bank loans etc.
4. Get license and registration
Aluminum Utensils Manufacturing may require the entrepreneur to obtain the following licenses and registrations.
- Register by searching the company name.
- Registration by selecting one of the Proprietorship, One Person Company, Private Limited Company etc.
- PAN in the name of business, current account in bank and GST registration.
- NOC from Fire and Pollution Department.
- Trade or factory license from local authority.
- Enterprise Portal Registration.
- Trademark registration for brand name protection.
5. Buy machinery and raw materials
The entrepreneur may need the following machinery and equipment to start the business of making aluminum utensils.
- Oil fired furnace burner, with head oil tank fittings.
- Blower with motor.
- Annealing furnace for annealing of sheets and circles.
- Aluminum hot rolling mill with equipment such as motor, starter, switch etc.
- Aluminum cold rolling mill with electric motor, starter, switch etc.
- Hand operated shearing machine.
- Circle cutting machine with motor.
- Hand fly press for light punching.
- Double action deep drawing power with motor, starter etc.
- Spinning lathe center.
- 1000 kg capacity electronic measuring machine.
- Pillar Drilling Machine.
- Arc Welding Transformer.
- bench grinder.
- Cast Iron Mold.
- Deep drawing dye.
- Spinning dye.
- Acid tank.
- Spinning Tool.
- Measuring and Testing Equipment.
As far as raw materials are concerned, aluminum sheets or scrap are used as raw materials for this business.
6. Start the manufacturing process
Aluminum Utensils Manufacturing Process can be divided into the following parts.
- The cutting, punching and punching process of aluminum metal parts is completed.
- The deep drawing process is completed to shape the metal to the required design.
- Metal fabrication under the spinning process to obtain the desired profile.
- The boiling process is carried out to spread the metal.
- The beading and curling process is carried out to roll the metal under the dye to obtain rings with edges from the material.
- The coining or embossing process is completed to reduce the thickness of the base.
- The metal is punched through a pilot hole to expand and extend its length.
- In order to keep the metal on the surface easily and used, the necking and rib forming process is completed.
- The Aluminum Utensils Manufacturing Process then completes the light trimming process to remove excess metal so that a finished product can be obtained.
- The utensils produced thereafter are anodized, polished and inspected.
- After that the produced utensils are grouped and then packed. Scrap is again used as a raw material.