DUBLIN, Nov. 6, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — The “Super Absorbent Polymer Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Type (Sodium Polyacrylate & Polyacrylate/Polyacrylamide), By Application (Personal Hygiene, Agriculture, Medical, Industrial), By Regions, And Segment Forecasts, 2023 – 2030” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global super absorbent polymer market size is expected to reach USD 15.18 billion by 2030, registering a CAGR of 6.4%. Growing demand from various application sectors such as baby diapers, adult incontinence products, agriculture, and female hygiene products is expected to drive the overall market growth over the forecast period.
Super absorbent polymers (SAPs) is a key component of baby diapers. SAPs are used to retain and absorb fluids under moderately high pressure. Emerging regions including Central & South America and Asia Pacific are expected to witness a brisk demand for baby diapers owing to different factors including rising disposable income, growing population, and increasing awareness regarding the benefits of synthetic baby diapers, which are projected to play a key role in driving the regional and global SAPs market.
Life expectancy statistics have sharply increased as a result of factors like constantly developing medical infrastructure, technology developments, and expanding accessibility to medical treatments. Growing life expectancy is presumed to further assist the adult incontinence product market and, in turn, boost the growth of the SAPs market.
Super absorbent polymers find key applications in agriculture industry owing to their water absorbing and water retention properties, making them ideal for agricultural applications, particularly in water-scarce regions. These super absorbent polymers enhances water use efficiency as well as the crop yield. Problems such as diversified soil characteristics, paucity of large cultivable land, and underprivileged conditions of farmers result in an inability to adopt advantageous and latest technologies and agricultural methods.
Different manufacturers are obtaining certifications for super absorbent polymers. For instance, in July 2021, Nippon Shokubai obtained biomass certification for super absorbent polymers from International Sustainability and Carbon Certification (ISCC) with the goal of achieving carbon neutrality by 2050.
- BASF SE
- LG Chem
- Formosa Plastics Corporation
- SANYO CHEMICAL INDUSTRIES, LTD.
- Evonik Industries AG
- Kao Corporation
- NIPPON SHOKUBAI CO., LTD.
- Sumitomo Seika Chemicals Co. Ltd.
- Yixing Danson Technology
Super Absorbent Polymer Market Report Highlights
- In terms of revenue, Asia Pacific dominated the market with a revenue share of more than 38.0% in 2022 and is projected to expand at a CAGR of 7.0% over the forecast period. Increasing demand from various application segments in Asia Pacific region particularly in China and India are likely to drive market growth at a faster pace
- The personal hygiene segment dominated the market in terms of revenue with a market share of more than 63.0% in 2022. Super absorbent polymers are majorly utilized in hygiene products including baby diapers, female hygiene products, adult incontinence products and other applications including personal disposable hygiene products
- The agriculture segment is projected to augment at a CAGR of 6.1% over the forecast period on account of ongoing extensive research conducted by agricultural and government agencies in countries such as the U.S., China, and India regarding the novel agricultural applications of super absorbent polymers
- The sodium polyacrylate segment dominated the market in terms of revenue with a market share of more than 84.0% in 2022. The majority SAPs are made of sodium polyacrylate and are available in granular form or as fibers. Sodium polyacrylate is utilized in hygiene applications owing to its enhanced liquid absorption capability
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Methodology and Scope
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
Chapter 3 Super Absorbent Polymer Market Variables, Trends, and Scope
3.1 Market Lineage Outlook
3.1.1 Global Plastics Market Outlook
3.2 Penetration and growth prospect mapping
3.3 Value chain analysis
3.3.1 Raw material analysis
3.4 Super absorbent polymers – Pricing trend analysis, 2018 – 2030 (USD per Kilotons)
3.5 Technology Trends
3.6 Regulatory framework
3.6.1 EUropean Commision
3.6.2 International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
3.7 Super absorbent polymer market dynamics
3.7.1 Market Driver Analysis
184.108.40.206 Growing demand for adult incontinence products
220.127.116.11 Strong demand from the agriculture industry
3.7.2 Market restraint analysis
18.104.22.168 Negative health effects upon exposure to SAP
3.7.3 Market Opportunity Analysis
3.7.4 Super absorbent polymer market – Porter’s analysis
3.7.5 Super absorbent polymer market – PESTEL analysis
3.8 Impact of COVID-19 on Super Absorbent Polymer Market
3.9 Impact of Russia & Ukraine Implication on Super Absorbent Polymer Market
Chapter 4 Super Absorbent Polymer Market: Type Estimates & Trend Analysis
Chapter 5 Super Absorbent Polymer Market: Application Estimates & Trend Analysis
Chapter 6 Super Absorbent Polymer Market: Regional Estimates & Trend Analysis
Chapter 7 Competitive Landscape
Chapter 8 Company Profiles
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/yc5oac
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world’s leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1904
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets