Canceling an Amazon Prime membership is quite simple and the process is completed in a few steps. Amazon offers many benefits to its Prime customers. There is no minimum order obligation for one-day and two-day delivery, regular cell and lighting deals before non-prime members and standard delivery. Prime members of this US company get many more benefits. These include Prime Music, Prime Video and Prime Reading. The company also provides same day delivery to Prime Members for eligible destinations.
For some reason, if you want to cancel your prime membership, you can get it done. One big reason may be its price. In India, this membership is available with a fee of Rs 329 per three months or Rs 999 per year. However, it is much cheaper inside India than in the US. In the US, this membership is available for a fee of $ 12.99 (about Rs 960) per month. Its annual fee there is $ 119 (about 8,760 rupees). At this price, you might not want to be associated with it.
It is worth noting here that the date from which you have subscribed, it will continue even after canceling. This means that for example, if you have subscribed for three months and you want to cancel it after one month, then it will continue for two months even after that. Therefore, the benefit of canceling a subscription is that when the auto renewal time is over after the completion of the period, the subscription stops at that time and the auto-renewal stops. However, customers can ask their customer service department to cancel the subscription through Amazon’s app or website.
If you want to cancel your subscription through your mobile app or computer, then follow these steps.
How to cancel your Amazon Prime membership
You can cancel the Amazon Prime Membership by visiting the website below. If you want to know the steps to cancel through the app, then look ahead.
- Login to your account by visiting the customer Amazon.in website.
- Select Your Account by clicking on the Hamburger menu at the top left.
- Now click on the Prime option.
- After this, click on the Manage membership link. Here you will see a drop-down list. Select Manage Membership here.
- Now click on the End membership option.
- Now Amazon shows you a screen in which you will be told how much money you have saved in your delivery fees from the time of taking the membership.
- Now click on Continue to Cancel.
Now you see a screen on which there will be an End on (Expiry Date of your prime membership) button. Now on arriving at the renewal date, your prime membership will definitely be canceled.
If you want to get a reminder three days before the subscription is renewed, you can click on the Remind me later button. At the time of subscribing, you see the End Now button on Amazon for three days. If you do not find yourself satisfied with this service in the first three days, then you can cancel the membership immediately. For this, the company refunds you for the remaining duration or full term of the membership. This refund is done by a credit note.
How to cancel your Amazon Prime membership using the app
- To cancel your Amazon subscription from the smartphone through the app, follow the steps below.
- Go to the Amazon app in your phone.
- Then click on the Hamburger menu button on the bottom right.
- Now tap on prime.
- Click on Manage My Membership written in front of the prime title.
- Now tap on the Manage membership drop down menu and then select the Manage Membership option.
- Click on End membership here.
- Now you will be shown on the screen how much you saved on delivery since subscribing. Scroll down this screen.
- Here, tap on Continue to Cancel and then click on the End on (End date of your prime membership) button.
It is worth noting here that once you cancel the Prime membership, you will not be able to take advantage of services like Prime Video or Prime Music.