Boris Johnson claims, said – Britain called back all its soldiers from Afghanistan

Britain withdrawn all UK troops from Afghanistan, Claims Boris Johnson

LONDON: British Prime Minister Boris Johnson said on Thursday that most British troops have been withdrawn from Afghanistan, amid fears the departure of foreign troops could end their official role in the two-decade-long conflict that could lead to a chaotic civil war.

“All British soldiers assigned to the NATO mission in Afghanistan are now returning home,” Johnson told the House of Commons, the lower house of the British parliament. Although Johnson would not disclose the exact timetable of departure for security reasons, most of the remaining 750 British soldiers had already left, according to reports. According to Johnson, over the past two decades, 150,000 members of Britain’s armed forces served in Afghanistan, of whom 457 died.

British forces were deployed to Afghanistan for the first time in 2001 following the 9/11 attacks on the United States and played a major role in combat operations until 2014. A total of 457 British soldiers were killed in the country. Britain’s move comes after US President Joe Biden’s announcement in April that all US troops would leave Afghanistan before September 11, the 20th anniversary of the terrorist attacks that left the United States at its longest drawn into battle.

Johnson said the UK would use “every diplomatic and humanitarian lever” to support Afghanistan’s development and stability, with development assistance totaling more than US$138 million this year and 58 million for the Afghan national security and defense forces. Pounds included.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *