NEW YORK, Dec. 10, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — The global spices and seasonings market size is estimated to grow by USD 6.95 billion from 2022 to 2027, according to Technavio. The market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 6.01% during the forecast period. Technavio has segmented the market based on end-user (retail, food service, and industrial), product (salt and salt substitutes, pepper, dried herbs, and individual spices), and geography (North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and Middle East and Africa). Ajinomoto Co. Inc., Associated British Foods Plc, Badshah Masala, De Silva Brothers and Co., Dohler GmbH, DS Group, EVEREST Food Products Pvt. Ltd., Frontier Co. op, Fuchs North America, Kerry Group Plc, Mahashian Di Hatti Pvt. Ltd., McCormick and Co. Inc., Organic Spices Inc., Patanjali Ayurved Ltd., The Kraft Heinz Co., Unilever PLC, Woodland Foods Ltd., Zoff Foods Pvt. Ltd., ARIAKE Japan Co. Ltd., and C.H. Guenther and Son Inc. are some of the major vendors in the market.
For more insights on the historic market data (2017 to 2021) and forecast market size (2023 to 2027) – Request a sample report
- Special coverage on the Russia–Ukraine war; global inflation; recovery analysis from COVID-19; supply chain disruptions, global trade tensions; and risk of recession
- Global competitiveness and key competitor positions
- Market presence across multiple geographical footprints – Strong/Active/Niche/Trivial – buy the report!
Global Spices and Seasonings Market – Segmentation Assessment Segment Overview
- The market share growth of the retail segment is prominent in the global spices and seasonings market during the forecast period. This segment consists of packaged spices and seasonings sold to consumers through various retail stores like supermarkets, hypermarkets, grocery stores, organic stores, and convenience stores.
- Several retailers, specially organized retailers are focusing on the expansion of their stores in local and regional markets through offline channels. For instance, Avenue Supermarts Ltd., which operates DMart stores increased its number of stores from 155 in FY2018 to 176 in FY2019 in India.
- These factors are expected to increase the demand for the global spices and seasoning market during the forecast period.
By geography, the global spices and seasonings market is segmented into North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and Middle East and Africa. The report provides actionable insights and estimates the contribution of all regions to the growth of the global spices and seasonings market.
- North America is estimated to contribute to 32% of the market growth during the forecast period. The growing demand for spices and seasonings, new product launches, and the rapid penetration of online platforms to purchase spices and seasonings are major growth drivers.
- The growing Asian population in the region is also contributing to the market growth during the forecast period.
- Hence, factors like the growing Asian population and new product launches are expected to drive regional market growth during the forecast period in North America.
Get a glance at the market contribution of various segments, historic data (2017 to 2021) and forecast market size (2023 to 2027) – Download a Sample Report
Global Spices And Seasonings Market – Market Dynamics Key factor driving market growth
- There is a growing awareness of the health benefits of spices and seasonings among consumers, which is a major driver for market growth.
- Increasing awareness of spices’ medicinal benefits, flavor, and taste is also a key driver. Spices have antioxidant, antiseptic, and pain-relieving properties and can be used in multiple ways.
- Vendors in the market have taken up campaigns encouraging consumers to try recipes at home. For instance, spices and seasoning brands like McCormick and Kerry have started social media campaigns on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter to establish their brand identities.
- Hence, the growing awareness of medicinal benefits is expected to drive the global spices and seasonings market growth.
Leading trends influencing the market
- The rising number of private-label brands is an emerging trend in the market. Private-label food ingredients like spices and seasonings are becoming a key focus area for retailers globally.
- Many private-label brands sell different types of spices and seasonings to increase their profitability, contributing to the growth of the global market.
- For instance, several retailers in India such as More Supermarket, Big Bazar, Star Bazar by TATA, Grofers, and Big Basket offer a wide range of spices and seasoning products through their private label brands. Such factors are estimated to drive the growth of the global market during the forecast period.
Major challenges hindering the market growth
- The uncertain climatic conditions in numerous spice-producing countries are a major challenge to the global spices and seasonings market growth.
- Adverse weather conditions such as drought, frosts, pestilence, and floods can affect the quality of the raw materials used in spices and seasonings production.
- The fluctuating prices of raw materials are a major factor influencing the prices of spices and seasonings.
- High-demand spices like black pepper can experience supply volatility because of the severe drought and unexpected rains.
To know more about other drivers, trends, & challenges, historic period (2017 to 2021) and forecast period(2023 to 2027)- Request a sample report!
What are the key data covered in this Spices and Seasonings Market report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period
- Detailed information on factors that will drive the growth of the spices and seasonings market between 2023 and 2027
- Precise estimation of the spices and seasonings market size and its contribution to the market with a focus on the parent market
- Accurate predictions about upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- Growth of the spices and seasonings market across North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and Middle East and Africa
- A thorough analysis of the market’s competitive landscape and detailed information about vendors
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that will challenge the growth of spices and seasonings market vendors
Gain instant access to 17,000+ market research reports.
Technavio’s SUBSCRIPTION platform
The blended spices market size in India should rise by USD 896.57 million from 2022 to 2026 at a CAGR of 14.27%. The rising awareness about the health benefits of blended spices is notably driving the blended spices market growth in India.
The organic spices market size has the potential to grow by USD 213.26 million during 2020-2024, and the market’s growth momentum will accelerate during the forecast period. The US is a key market for organic spices in North America.
- Executive Summary
- Market Landscape
- Market Sizing
- Historic Market Size
- Five Forces Analysis
- Market Segmentation by End-User
- Market Segmentaion by Product
- Customer Landscape
- Geographic Landscape
- Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- Company Landscape
- Company Analysis
Technavio is a leading global technology research and advisory company. Their research and analysis focuses on emerging market trends and provides actionable insights to help businesses identify market opportunities and develop effective strategies to optimize their market positions. With over 500 specialized analysts, Technavio’s report library consists of more than 17,000 reports and counting, covering 800 technologies, spanning across 50 countries. Their client base consists of enterprises of all sizes, including more than 100 Fortune 500 companies. This growing client base relies on Technavio’s comprehensive coverage, extensive research, and actionable market insights to identify opportunities in existing and potential markets and assess their competitive positions within changing market scenarios.
Media & Marketing Executive
US: +1 844 364 1100
UK: +44 203 893 3200
Email: [email protected]