Rakhi making is one of the most popular low investment business ideas. Rakhi making business is a small scale business that can be started from home. Rakhi making business is a great way to fill your pocket with some extra cash during the festive season. Did you know that Rakhi making business is one of the famous cottage industries in India?
Many states of India are encouraging such small scale business for women empowerment in India. Even the Government of India provides many types of financial assistance for these home based businesses. Rakhi making is the best source of income for stay-at-home moms, housewives and students.
There are many types of Rakhi, the traditional Rakhi is made from simple silk thread.
There are many models of Rakhi available in the market.
- Rakhi with cartoon pictures.
- Musical Rakhi.
- Keep it up
- Rakhi has designed with jewellery.
- Rakhi with bracelet.
- Rakhi with the idols of God.
- Flora Rakhi.
Importance of Rakhi
India is known for its traditions, culture and festivals. Raksha Bandhan is a very auspicious festival celebrated in all the states of India, and Indians all over the world and even foreigners influenced by Indian culture. This festival signifies the love and bond between brothers and sisters. Millions of rakhis are sold across the world during the festive season. In this business you do not need to target big markets, small stock markets can give you big profits.
Rakhi Making Business – Start Rakhi Making:
Rakhi Making Business- Start making Rakhi’s: Those who want to start the business of making Rakhi from home can take from 10000 to 1 lakh with very less investment. But this is a seasonal business so along with rakhi you can also make friendship bands, fashion bands using the same material which is used for making rakhi and same investment.
Rakhi is VAT exempt item, so you can get license from local municipal authorities, you can get financial assistance from all authorized banks and other government schemes like Mudra.
Rakhi making business – Ingredients for making Rakhi:
- Colorful silk thread.
- Pearl and Kundan.
- Zari limits.
- Satin ribbon.
- Glue, scissors.
- Craft items to decorate Rakhi.
- Small god idols, rudraksha, cartoon characters as per latest trend.
- cotton thread.
- Sequin Knife.
Rakhi Making Business – Simple Traditional Rakhi Making Process:
Rakhi Making Business – Making procedure of simple traditional Rakhi:
- First of all take a bunch of silk threads, make colorful rakhi with multicolored thread. Usually red and yellow are the traditional colors used for making Rakhi. You can also use gold thread or strands. The length of the thread should be 30” long. You have to fold the length of the thread bunch in half. Then tie a tight knot at a quarter length using cotton thread.
- Cut the ends of the twisted thread and fluff the open ends with a hard brush. Now divide the long part of the thread into two parts and plot it in the desired way.
- Tie the ends with a cotton thread and fluff the open end. These two strings are used for tying
- You can decorate the upper part with sequins, beads or idols of God.
How To Sell Rakhi: Rakhi Making Business
Rakhi Making Business – How to sell your Rakhi’s: To sell your Rakhi you have to approach all the local Retailers and Distributors who buy your Rakhi in large quantity. You can even open a small outlet in your home or apartment. You also sell them through online marketplaces like Amazon, Flipkart, Snapdeal, eBay etc. You can share Rakhi Designs on your social networking pages like Facebook and Twitter to keep in touch with all the people on the internet.
Rakhi Making Business – Pricing for Rakhi Products:
Setting profitable and attractive prices is very important for any business to be successful. Hence you should always start with determining the appropriate value keeping in mind the investment value spent on making Rakhi.
Rakhi Making Business – Successful Marketing Strategy
- Start preparing Rakhi 6 to 4 months before the festival with a good amount of stock during the festival period.
- Do a thorough market study on this business to find out the type of Rakhi which is in high demand. Do market research on pricing for distributors, retailers and customers.
- Make products by looking at the latest fashion because this will increase the customers and the sales will also increase.
- Rakhi business is seasonal, so start with alternative products like friendship bands, decorative bands with items made from the material used to make rakhis.
You can also start other alternative home businesses eg.
- Making paper ornaments.
- basket weaving.
- Making artificial jewellery.
- Making Greeting Cards.
- Thread ornament.
Rakhi Making Business – Marketing Rakhi Making Business
For marketing, you can sell both retail and wholesale in the market, when the product is ready, then market it first because the customer does not know about the product, then how will the customer buy, so any business, its marketing is necessary. Some samples of the product will have to be given to the people without money so that they can be satisfied to buy your product by using it, after that you can also sell your product at the grocery stores near you.
Loan for Rakhi Making Business
Loan for Rakhi Manufacturing Business:- if Rakhi If you start making business from home, then there is no need for a loan for this, but if you do this business on a large scale, then you can take a loan for this, on behalf of the Government of India, people are being given “Mudra Loan” for doing business. You Tea Leaf Bag You can also take Mudra Loan to do business, for this you have to go to their office and give the details of your business, you have to give details about what is needed in the business of making Rakhi.